Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The IP Licensing team forms part of the Gene Editing and Novel Modalities business within MilliporeSigma. The team manages the in and out licensing of intellectual property and materials that are critical to the scientific and commercial success of the GENM group. GENM is primarily involved in developing novel gene editing technologies and the development of scalable cell and viral vector based human therapies.
You will sit at the heart of the IP Licensing team helping to coordinate and manage various activities prior to and post agreement execution. Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a central go-to person to how to get things done within the team; effectively acting as an operational coordinator for our licensing activities
- Updating and maintenance of various internal financial, IP management and regulatory systems, including extracting information from newly signed agreements
- Assisting with the set up of new vendors and customers on MilliporeSigma’s ERP systems
- Liaising with Finance to raise, or raising directly, purchase orders and invoices in SAP
- Coordination of various internal stakeholders (ex. Legal, Patents, Product Managers, Business Development, Finance, etc.) to ensure agreements are executed and information is entered into correct databases
- Financial tracking of licenses post-signature and liaising with licensees to ensure royalty and other financial obligations are met
- Assistance in modelling future revenues and being a key member of the team with respect to financial projections
- Liaising with external licensees to ensure agreements are executed and associated follow up
- Drafting of basic agreements
- Part time and remote work negotiable
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Life Science, Legal or related discipline OR High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with 3+ years of experience in a license coordinator or equivalent role
- 1+ years of experience working with life science related technologies
- 2+ years of experience using financial management or ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, Sage, etc.
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft tools including Office, 365, Teams, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working with intellectual property licenses either directly or in a support role
- Master’s Degree in Business or Life Science related discipline
- Project management experience
- Experience using IP management software such as Sophia, Inteum, etc.
- Experience drafting contracts and intellectual property licenses
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.