Show All Results
Techware Packager 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
MilliporeSigma is seeking for a Techware Packager 1 at in Milwaukee, WI this person will be working with package and label materials moving through and take any necessary steps to assure we provide the customer with the highest quality product possible.
• Set-up and calibrate equipment for operation and testing to specifications
• Assemble containers and components for portioning process, ensuring their accuracy.
• Verify lot number, country of origin, expiration date and other necessary data on paperwork and labels
• Verify quantities for accuracy (cases vs boxes vs EA)
• Check and update SAP database as required
• Record all tests, measurements, and calibrations required during operation.
• Participate in Process Improvement and Operational Excellence projects as assigned and share suggestions
• Take necessary steps to assure we provide our customers with the highest quality possible
• Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality
• Support other areas as needed depending upon departmental labor needs
- Occasionally wear appropriate protective gear (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment (PPE) to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- 6+ months of work experience in chemical manufacturing or high school coursework in chemistry
- Basic math skills to include proficiency with the metric system and conversions
- Knowledge of safety rules, FMP, SOPs, and UOPs
- Mechanical skills, including the ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.