Show All Results
Process Development Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the Technical and Scientific Solutions Team in the Midwest region based in the area of Chicago, IL. This is a remote/work from home role with travel visits to various client sites in the area. The Process Development Scientist is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists that supports and collaborates with our customers in the region exploring MilliporeSigma technologies and reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business. The ideal candidate will be a scientist/engineer with an knowledge and understanding of bioprocess unit operations.
Learn more about why we love our jobs – great colleagues, a strong purpose, and having a positive impact on society – here: https://bit.ly/3lzrhJr
- Proactively pursue and perform process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile filtration, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, viral reduction filtration, and chromatography.
- Involvement in selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals with a focus on Phase I-III drug development.
- Provide consultation to customers through email, telecon or video chat.
- Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in the greater Midwest region.
- Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Document customer interfacing activities through appropriate electronic systems.
- Communicate and work effectively in cross-functional teams, influence technical approaches and support strategy execution.
- Travel within the Midwest and Central region, as well as the Massachusetts home office and some international travel
Who you are:
Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry with 3+ years of experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation
Master’s Degree or PhD in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences or similar disciplines with 1+ industry related pharmaceutical development experience.
- Ability to derive relevant conclusions based on the experimental results, and effectively communicate results to our customers.
- Excellent hands-on laboratory skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other data analysis software
- Sound understanding of downstream and/or upstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards
- Comfortable with making recommendations for future course of action based on experimental results
- Relay relevant results to sales, field marketing, and similar internal partners
- Ability to identify scientific leadership opportunities and execute through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration
- Ability to cope with change, adjust test plans quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.