Show All Results
Senior Patent Counsel Electronics OLED (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As an experienced Patent Counsel you will be part of an international and globally acting team. You will deliver outstanding service to the organization by providing intellectual property support in the field of Electronics and other areas. Furthermore, you exhibit a strong understanding of the business needs, be able to work in cross-functional teams and be capable of independently managing assigned patent portfolios.
Your tasks will cover the full range of patent drafting and prosecution, maintaining and enforcing intellectual property rights, negotiation of IP-related agreements and providing strategic recommendations to the business in complex patent issues.
Also you will represent the company before the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) and the European Patent Office (EPO).
The work location is Darmstadt, Germany, with a growing impact of flexible work.
Who you are
- Master degree or higher in chemistry or related field, preferably organic or physical chemistry
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as inhouse patent counsel in industry or in a law firm with strong focus on chemistry-related IP topics (e.g. Markush structure handling)
- Admission to the EPO
- Curiosity and ability to quickly become familiar with various new scientific and technological topics
- Excellent team player with strong analytical and convincing communication skills
- Profound understanding of intercultural behaviors in an international business environment
- Self-motivated and digital native
- Fluent in English and preferably also German; additional language skills are beneficial
Additional preferred qualifications
- Working experience in negotiating intellectual property-related contracts
- Background in organic electronics
- Admission at the DPMA or other legal qualifications are advantageous
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com