Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Quality Engineer (QE) will be part of the Quality Assurance group at the EMD Electronics Tempe, AZ site. The QE will provide day to day Quality Engineering support for a fast-paced semiconductor materials manufacturing operation. You will be a key quality driver for site activities including data automation, statistical analysis, problem solving, action plans, RFCs, and preventative actions to reduce/eliminate risk to product performance to customer.
- Provide lead data automation and digitalization analysis by pulling data from various databases and crafting automated visualization dashboards
- Lead predictive techniques/ sophisticated data science analytics to identify control points and ensure quality before product manufacturing
- Evaluate deviations / OOS OOC conditions and provide mentorship for the disposition of non-conforming product
- Apply LEAN Six Sigma practices to implement and improve plant quality standards and processes
- Lead root cause investigations for customer complaints and quality investigations using model-based problem-solving techniques
- Provide SPC/SQC data support and customized trend charts to assess and supervise product/process performance
- Prepare SQC Charts/CpK reports and calculate specifications/control limits for both internal and customer requirements
- Support the site Disposition Review Board (DRB) process
- Support the scale-up and transfer from technology development to high volume manufacturing of new products
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, chemistry, or other technical subject area
- 5+ years quality, manufacturing, or technical experience in a fast-paced time sensitive environment!
- Chemical manufacturing or semiconductor experience preferred!
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or other relevant certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Strong hands-on knowledge of statistical process control (SPC/SQC), root cause analysis and corrective action (CAPA), problem solving, FMEAs, Design of Experiment (DoE), continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization
- Apply strong Data analysis and data preparation automation knowledge with background in programming (Python, Java script, SQL, Alteryx/DataIku, Tableau)
- Proficient with statistical software including Minitab, JMP, NWA
- Strong communication skills with experience working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to prioritise multiple activities and projects
- Proven project management experience as a leader and contributor
- SAP experience
- ISO Certification or equivalent (such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 140001, ISO/TS 16949)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.