Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Trade Compliance is important to ensure Customs regulation compliance throughout all project phases, Customs classification/ valuation/ clearance, as well as to maintain good cooperation with authorities, vendors, Customs brokers etc.
- Apply Customs policies to product/ technology/ process, evaluate possibility and support the advocacy. Support Import/Export operation team in case of problematical/complex challenges in their daily operations.
- Support & drive continuous improvement projects, eg: AEO certification program
- Guide Import/Export operation team for Customs clearance, answer internal/external inquiries, help resolve shipment customs clearance problems. Prepare Customs review for stakeholders with regulatory change, impact analysis and trade metric.
- Support compliance reviewing on Life Science products to identify relevant requirements from regulatory perspective as new product initiative. Determine Customs classification of goods according to products description and technical data.
- Understand Customs valuation methods used by China Customs and provide guidance for projects, including but not limited to services and royalties that are relevant to import materials.
- Customs risk management and mitigation. Support on Customs audit and investigation cases and leverage internal efforts to gain best outcome.
- Manage Export Control aspects globally with Trade Compliance. Maintain a strong understanding of local laws, regulations and/or processes related to export control laws and regulations; communicates important changes and/or processes to the Commercial teams.
Who you are:
Education and Languages:
- Scientific degree Bio Tech/ Chemistry/ International Trade.
- Fluent in Chinese native & English (verbal and written) is required.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience (approximately 5 to 7 years) in a similar position
- Solid export control experience within a multinational organization, such ECCN classification, export items, EUD verification/ export license application
- Proved project management experience
- Customs and international trade hands-on experience
- Logistics, import/export knowledge
- Finance, accounting knowledge. Good knowledge in Customs regulations incl. Customs Classification, and Tax Regulations i.e. Intercompany Pricing
Personal Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated good communication, strategic thinking and problem-solving capacities in an international environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Effective management by influence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver accurate outcomes.
- Ability to indirectly influence other organizations and cultures.
- Ability to train and educate others
- Logic thinking and details-oriented
- Future-oriented, digital awareness
- Work under pressure
Functional Area: Regulatory Affairs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com