Show All Results
Work Location: Carlsbad, California
Department: LS-OEV-SA Supply Chain Group 2
Recruiter: Raquelle Ford
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
MilliporeSigma Is looking for a Logistics Supervisor In Carlsbad, CA. the candidate will demonstrate a high level of competency related to all aspects of Logistics. The supervisor is responsible for the activities in support of transfer, storage, and shipment of GMP samples, intermediates, and final product including scheduling, review, and verification of shipments. This position will also supervise inventory counts and activities for shipping or destruction of materials as part of inventory maintenance.
Essential job functions:
- Guide team members to ensure Logistics operations are efficient, accurate, compliant, and the associated operators have the skill levels that match the related work.
- Capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where interdepartmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Ensure that all activities follow established site and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Supervise the transfer and verification of GMP materials to the designated manufacturing, quality, or storage facilities, as well as the scheduling and verification of shipments of GMP products to clients and testing facilities.
- Supervise the inventory management consisting of reconciling and maintaining of sample, intermediates, and final product inventory through cycle counts. Maintain the layout and accuracy of the inventory management system.
- Provide inventory and shipping trackers to the Project Management Department for invoicing support.
- Maintain Logistics operational metrics for Management review.
- IATA certified and trained in other shipping regulations.
- Comply with safety guidelines, especially with handling of biohazardous and temperature sensitive materials.
- Develop, review and revise SOPs and procedures via established Quality Systems.
- Partner with the Failure Investigation group to report, investigate, and resolve deviations during Logistical operations.
- Backup to Logistics Operators and Specialists for transfer, storage, shipping, scheduling and verification operations, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The employee must be able to work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours as required.
The employee must have the ability to perform moderate physical activity.
The employee must have the ability to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Bachelor Degree in related or scientific discipline
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 9 years of related experiance.
- Life Science experience
- GMP experience
- Electronic Management Systems
- Hazardous material disposal experience
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures (FedEx, etc.)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.