Show All Results
Compliance Manager Taiwan
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- To foster and implement our Company Global and Regional Compliance Strategies and Initiatives, as well as applicable Policies & Procedures guidelines (e.g. Our Company Code of Conduct Conflict of Interest, Anti-Corruption Standards, etc.) as well as applicable local industry norms, local laws and codes develop, update and/or implement relevant local Compliance rules, standards, policies and procedures in accordance with our Company Global standards and local Laws and Codes.
- Appropriately communicate and provide timely and value-added guidance and advice to all internal stakeholders including local management, sales teams, etc. on compliance-related matters, throughout all Merck’s business sectors.
- To manage and support implementation and necessary adaptations of Company´s Compliance tools and systems in coordination with the Global teams.
- To conduct meetings both internally and externally to understand current and new local business models, and to identify potential risks or Compliance topics within these models or local business practices; conduct local compliance risk assessments following global guidance; assess local compliance risks, propose, and implement mitigation measures.
- Organize the Compliance Management Committees together with the local MDs; ensure the local compliance risks are identified, assessed, and reported, including proper documentation and follow up with the Committee.
- Keep appraised with local laws and regulations affecting compliance-related matters keeping the APAC Regional Compliance Officer informed within these in due time as well as potential impact for the Compliance organization and agree on needed actions.
- Identify and report compliance issues that may require investigation (regular or ad hoc), according to Merck standards and local Laws and Codes, including the submission of reports and proposals to the local Compliance Committee, to the MD and the APAC Compliance Officer; where necessary, escalate cases of misconduct in accordance with local escalation process. Duly investigate to implement any needed remediation measures in alignment with Global Investigations Team.
- Set-up and maintain a solid process for Monitoring and Control activities to detect any deviations to the interactions from the business with healthcare professionals, government officials, third party providers, business partners etc. and when applicable, implement the needed remediation measures (‘On-spot’ and ‘Post-event’).
Who you are:
- Above bachelor’s degree in law / related to law
- Minimum 10 years working experience in multinational company compliance or law firm;
- Familiarity with multinational corporate compliance culture;
- Have knowledge in anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and regulations;
- Working experience in pharma industry will be a plus;
- Good oral and written English;
- Strong interpersonal and communication soft skills and training delivery capabilities.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com