Show All Results
IT Manager - WebOps
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an IT Manager in WebOps, you will be part of a global team responsible for application development and support of MilliporeSigma's eCommerce platforms. You will lead a team of Web Admins, who are responsible for 24/7 operations, as well as delivering the team's roadmap for automation, as we transition to a Dev Ops environment. To improve time to resolution and CAPA, you will identify, design, and implement rules, standards, and processes while ensuring security, compliance, and performance of our distributed cloud-based environments. You will train and assist in the skill development of direct reports, preparing them for future responsibilities. Domestic and International (5%-10%) may be required.
- Maintain day-to-day BAU (problem/troubleshooting) while working to improve time to resolution and CAPA as they relate to organizational KPI's
- Manage project tasks with varying priorities and complexity while tracking team metrics such as individual contributions, project deliverables, and timelines
- Develop processes to increase team collaboration, documentation, communication, and transparency
- Work with departmental and intra-team leads to facilitate task design and allocation from a technical point of view
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in a Web and/or Cloud Environment
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience in application support for eCommerce
- Experience in Agile methodology using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience supporting cloud-based large scale or high-transactional volume SaaS products
- Experience with management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.