Show All Results
Product Compliance Manager Surface Solution, Regulatory (Tokyo)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Job title: Product Compliance Manager Surface Solution
(Trade compliance officer of Performance Materials)
Report to: Global Head of Product Compliance Surface Solution (in Germany)
Direct reports: 0
You are in charge of chemical regulatory management, hazard communications and trade compliance to ensure compliance for laws and regulations for the Surface Solution portfolio in Japan. In coordination with the headquarter in Germany you will monitor all relevant laws and regulations related to chemicals, import/export activities and take a proactive approach to meet the requirements. Making registrations, notifications and reports to the competent authorities in accordance with the laws on chemicals and import/export activities is part of your daily routine.
In addition you will perform GHS classification and create Safety Data Sheet (SDS), label and Yellow card etc. Performing HS code (Tariff code) assignment and preparing the certificate and the customs clearance report to Japan Customs for export and import via using SAP/EHS and GTS (Global Trading System) is another part of your daily operation. You are responsible to judge product classification of strategic goods and check use/user to comply with the domestic and international trade laws and apply export license under Japan security export control law.
You will create and maintain internal rules and SOP, implement internal training, continuous improvement of chemical management and import/export controls. You are used to participate in meetings with overseas staffs, to exchange opinions and to take a lead in regional and global projects. This complex tasks require a close and interdisciplinary co-operation with the Sales&Marketing unit in Japan and other functions in the Headquarter in Germay as well as the communication with external partners, associations, authorities and customers.
Required experience and competency
- Natural Science degree, e.g. in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, sound knowledge of (eco)toxicology and e-fate
- Over 5 years professional experience in Regulatory Management, Product Safety or Trade Compliance with a profound knowledge of chemical regulations (Chemical Substance Control Law, Industrial Safety and Health Law, Poisonous and Deleterious Substance Control Law, Fire Service Law, PRTR, Export control law, Food Sanitation Law, cosmetic regulations, food (contact)/biocide regulations and/or a special focus on environmental fate, etc.)
- Proven experience in doing chemical registration, notification, and report to authorities on a daily basis
- Native level in Japanese and business English language skill (Reading, Writing and Speaking) required
- Experience of SAP EHS module or GTS would be highly appreciated
- Team spirit / communicative / customer oriented / reliable / flexible /self-dependent
Recruiting contact: Fang Liu
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com