Show All Results
Talent Acquisition Partner, North America
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Other locations may be considered.
Science is at the heart of everything we do!
Do you want to be a part of a team that helps drive the discoveries we make and the technologies we create? Want to make a positive difference to millions of people's lives every day? From advancing gene editing technologies and discovering unique ways to treat the most challenging diseases, to enabling the intelligence of devices - we are everywhere and we need YOU to help us build our teams across North America for all three of our business sectors, MilliporeSigma, EMD Serono, & EMD Electronics!
Reporting into the Head of Talent Acquisition Partners, North America you will be responsible for the relationship and talent acquisition strategy for US/CAN within the company working across all entities. You are responsible for developing an understanding of the assigned business lines, workforce planning, and developing active sourcing and talent acquisition strategies to pro-actively identify, attract, and hire best in class talent for the US. You will support ongoing internal and/or external recruiting needs by completing all aspects of candidate generation through hire. You will focus on mid to senior level roles for our Life Sciences, Healthcare, and Electronics business as needed.
- Highly service oriented and able to closely and quickly partner and build relationships with client groups and across HR
- Builds up and maintains a vast network of long-term professional relationships by pro-actively sourcing and developing external talent acquisition strategies
- Shows ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects, and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion
- Provide hiring managers with competency based selection recommendations
- Resolve all recruitment related challenges through professional consultation, creative problem solving, and market knowledge
- Facilitate the interview process and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers, and ensure that best hiring practices are adhered to
- Promotes and applies creative defined active sourcing approaches to identify critical talent for our workforce and develop and maintain candidate pipelines
- Demonstrates excellent business acumen with the ability to interact in a consultative nature with individuals at all levels within a matrixed organization globally
- Persuades and influences decision makers
- Shows excellent interviewing, assessment, selection, negotiation, and communication skills, attention to detail as well as strong analytical skills
- Has a sales-oriented mind-set with a strong ability to promote the company’s strategy, vision and EVP to interest and attract talent
- Translates employment demands into timely, results -driven action items
- Use “state of the art” key recruiting technologies and methods including developing and executing innovative search techniques to generate a pool of candidate’s necessary to staff open positions
- Manages client expectations and guides hiring manager and candidates alike through the recruiting process
- Pro-actively identifies position requirements and challenges Hiring Managers and HR Business Partners on positioning of these requirement (i.e. functional expertise, skill sets, competencies, complementary profiles)
- Strong ability to develop offers and manage salary expectations including educating hiring managers and partnering with compensation
- Social media & Employer Branding focus in addition increase talent attraction with Diversity & Inclusion as well
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3+ years recruiting experience and a demonstration of understanding the science of business to interact effectively with clients and candidates
- Proven experience pro-actively sourcing with deep usage of professional networks, social media, LinkedIn Recruiter, and resume databases
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong proficiency in PowerPoint and management system software as well as Applicant Tracking Systems and Tools such as recruiting and social/professional medias
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, creative thinking and excellent writing proficiency
- Driven and self-motivated with exceptional follow up skills to recruit the best talent in the shortest time frame
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage hiring leaders’ expectations
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- Master's Degree preferred
- Recruiting experience in a global, highly matrixed organization
- Experience recruiting within the life science, electronics, or biotech/biopharma industry
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.