Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the Project Engineer, you will develop and implement engineering solutions to problems and opportunities at the Broadway Facility in St. Louis, MO. You will also manage multiple projects concurrently, attend seminars/conferences, and training to maintain and expand technical expertise. In addition, you will support departmental process improvement efforts based on annual objectives. This role will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Provide project management and engineering for small, medium, and large capital projects, from project initiation through start-up, turnover, and project closure
- Develop project requirements, deliverables, schedules, and budget
- Manage capital project scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects. Work with General Contractors, skilled construction workers, internal skilled resources, and Engineers
- Coordinate schedules with stakeholders and manufacturing, manage the day-to-day project activity, and manage the knowledge transfer from end of project to manufacturing startup
- Responsibility for the turnover package to site support teams including AutoCAD drawings, PM plans, spare parts, asset records, and knowledge transfer
- Manage all aspects of engineering projects
- Responsible for installation and maintainability of GMP utilities, facilities, and equipment (including automation equipment) such as but not limited to HVAC, compressed gases, process water, clean steam, chilled water, cleanrooms, isolators, HEPA filtration, etc.
- Ensure successful project knowledge transfer to site manufacturing and maintenance teams
- Support capital planning and reporting
- Support the Management of Change process and utilizes good documentation practices
- Ensure team utilizes safe work practices
- Issue work permits regularly. May also perform job hazard analysis, equipment assessments, failure fault trees, and risk assessments to drive continuously safe culture
- Maintain efficient scheduling and planning of construction. Collaborate with Operations to develop integrated planning
- Monitor the performance and results of the construction team including safety, quality, reliability
- Purchase material as needed
- Ensure/support GMP compliance (e.g. work order processing, good documentation practices, change management process, deviation review, CAPA assignments, etc.)
- Perform effective problem solving and root cause analysis to resolve issues, develop options, and prevent reoccurrence.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- 2.5+ years engineering experience within a pharmaceutical, chemical or related production experience AND 1+ years managing capital engineering projects
- 5+ years engineering experience within a pharmaceutical or chemical production environment
- 1+ years engineering experience in a cGMP environment
- 2+ years managing capital engineering projects
- Strong technical engineering skills
- GMP manufacturing, engineering, or compliance experience
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.