Show All Results
Maintenance Technician II - 2nd shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Maintenance Technician II
The Maintenance Technician II at MilliporeSigma will support the Sheboygan Falls site’s maintenance activities. The Maintenance Tech will maintain and repair equipment, facilities, and utility systems and assist in keeping the entire site running by completing corrective and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Troubleshoot controls, VFDs, analytical equipment, and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot, install, and maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 120 V
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair boilers, chillers, HVAC, and air handling systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair EHS equipment and systems
- Use PC software and applications (CMMS, web browsers, Word, Excel, and email)
- Operate industrial vehicles such as forklifts and manlifts
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics, gauges, and units of measure
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.)
- Use precision measuring equipment
- Identify parts needed for repair
- Make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.)
- Generate process improvement solutions
- Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work
- Participation in the call-in program for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty
- Perform work related travel as necessary
- Follow all safety rules and regulations; identify unsafe work conditions and report them to management
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or related environment
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, or related discipline
- Knowledge of LEAN and 6S concepts
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Certifications in refrigerant appliance, boiler maintenance, and/or electrical systems/electronics
- Demonstrated experience in Predictive Maintenance
- Understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility
- Experience in conducting instrumentation calibration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent cleanliness, organizational, and 6S skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding documentation practices
- Ability to work independently
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.