Show All Results
Tech Manufacturing 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
The Technician Manufacturing 1 at MilliporeSigma will perform production procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), resulting in a quality product at the Lenexa Dry Powder production facility. This position is assigned a day or night 12-hour shift to ensure the plant has 24/7 support. This position has no direct reports
- Use designated weights from 1 gm to 250 kg to verify scales.
- Scoop and dump chemicals into containers up to 1,000 kg.
- Check related reports and complete related batch record documentation
- Setup and operate blenders, pin mill systems, nitrogen conveying system, and clean-in-place (CIP) systems in accordance with required SOPs.
- Control and monitor processes with an operator interface terminal (OIT).
- Set up and operate automated packaging equipment within specified tolerances.
- Fill powder into final containers up to 100 kg in weight.
- Assist in performing label reconciliation to ensure proper package labeling.
- Move pallets of product to finished goods storage.
- Ensure the finished goods meet the standards for SAFC products.
- Contribute to a safe working environment by following and performing operations in a safe working manner and in compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Use, clean, and store all personal protective gear appropriately.
- Report all unsafe working conditions or safety concerns through Medgate.
- Actively participates in Quality systems practices.
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production process.
- Report equipment failures and work with Maintenance to correct problems.
- Continually increase proficiency and understanding of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Participate in all training programs as directed by the Department Supervisor.
- Make recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Lift 5 pounds for a six-hour period, or as required. Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Maneuver and position mechanical components up to 50 kg.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Work within a controlled space without excessive perspiration.
- Use eye/hand dexterity and coordination to perform repetitive tasks and distinguish colors.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in a maintenance related discipline
- 1+ years of related manufacturing and/or maintenance experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with regulatory compliance practices.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including previous maintenance experience with process equipment or mechanical systems.
- Dry product processing and packaging experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions as well as perform basic metric and other mathematical calculations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.