Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
As Sourcing Manager Americas, you will be responsible for developing and implementing category strategies and managing portfolios of spend in a matrixed environment. Analyze and understand global multimillion dollar spend categories, act as a strategic partner to functional areas within the company to lead the development and achievement of all category goals, including overall best value sourcing strategies for categories (quality, service and cost and risk assessments), negotiating and contracting, SRM (supplier relationship management), establishing partnerships with key suppliers, and harmonizing supplier base.
The role holder is responsible for leading sourcing initiatives with functional business partners for the company’s three distinct business sectors within the Americas region, primarily managing sites in the USA.
As a key link between internal stakeholder groups and external suppliers, the role holder is accountable for understanding key business drivers and ensuring that value to the business is being maximized.
You should be experienced in extensive cross-functional collaboration and use of strategic sourcing best practices to maximize value in terms of cost savings/avoidance, demand management, risk reduction, quality and supplier performance.
The role holder conducts
- Develop and implement global category sourcing strategies with business leads for assigned categories of products and services, several which are complex and of strategic importance, high value and critical to the success of the business.
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management programs with strategic suppliers utilizing analytics to enable effective procurement strategies to measure and improve supplier performance, reduce cost and drive innovation.
- Stay current and informed on the market (category based), changing technologies, and global market trends to ensure category strategies are delivering maximum value while maintaining quality and service.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks in the supply chain, follow market conditions and collect vendor intelligence; anticipate market trends and develop strategies.
- Utilize collaborative procurement for partnering and competitive processes to assure continuous improvements in quality, service performance, and leverage the suppliers spend.
- Develop senior level relationships to better understand and align with business strategy and direction to prioritize initiatives and harmonize business and category strategies.
- Skillfully negotiate agreements in a timely manner, manage tough vendor situations and sensitive relationships ensuring value and minimizing risk.
- Resolve disputes and commercial issues with suppliers in conjunction with internal customers.
- Work with other procurement leaders to implement and maintain efficient and effective processes and systems with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
The role holder is an energetic, stress resistant, flexible team player capable of forming strong relationships throughout the entire organization, in addition to successfully leveraging resources, processes and tools to achieve desired outcomes.
As the Sourcing Manager Americas, the scope includes sourcing of construction and installation as well as all lab, infrastructure, and production equipment needs.
Given the decentralized nature of our stakeholder landscape, it is critical that the CAPEX sourcing manager deliberately focuses on connecting stakeholders and their requirements, fostering a collaborative network and driving value across sites.
The role, located in Burlington, MA, reports to the Head of Capital Investment Sourcing America’s, located in St. Louis, MO. You have potential to manage direct reports in the future and will indirectly manage approximately one external temporary sourcing staff member.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- 5 years related experience, including significant management/leadership experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Specific Category Expertise / Experience:
- Construction Design
- General Contracting
- Owner’s Representative Services
- Capital equipment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.