Show All Results
Automated Equipment Specialist I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
An Automated Equipment Specialist I in the Production Maintenance Department, will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
This will be a E SHIFT: 6:30PM to 7:00AM Thursday - Saturday
The position will focus on the daily maintenance and continuous improvement of automated production equipment, mechanically, pneumatically, and electrically.
- Provide technical support for engineering department with the execution of change controls, OQ/IQ protocols and other related actions
- Drive risk-based decision making
- Install and maintain PLC’s, Servo motors and drives, HMI’s, robotic assembly equipment, and mechanical components, etc.
- Carry out and/or finish design of engineering projects
- Evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Perform intermediate level trouble shooting pertaining to but not limited to: PLC, AC drives, DC drives, HMI’s, pneumatics, servomotors and Robotics and other control systems
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or other engineering field
- 3+ years working experience, with PLC’s and various control systems within a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years working experience with mechanical, machine tool, and equipment repair
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Electro-Mechanical knowledge along with experience applying this knowledge to
process/equipment design and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing
- Read and comprehend, mechanical and electrical drawings and P&ID’s
- Experience with Microsoft products, basic CAD drawing
- Understand safe work practices and has experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety, etc.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.