Show All Results
Chemical Packaging Operator 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
$4,000 Sign-On Bonus if hired for this position or another night shift Operator position!
Night shift: 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM, 2-2-3 schedule
The Packaging Operator at MilliporeSigma will stage, fill (manually or semi-automatically), cap, label and over pack liquid products per approved packaging specifications while utilizing all required safety equipment.
- Complete appropriate packaging documentation per ISO procedures and deliver products to inventory
- Fill, cap and label chemical products
- Follow all quality and safety procedures
- Support quality systems
- Wearing of appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold
- Siting, standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching or crawling for long periods of time
- Talking, hearing, tasting and smelling
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment; May lift more poundage with assistance.
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Uses phones, computers, computer monitors and office/manufacturing equipment
- Typing at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Chemistry or 6 months of chemistry related work experience
- Read and understand oral and written instructions
- Basic math skills including the metric system
- Learn SOP's/UOP's, cleaning protocols, work and conduct rules
- Learn to use safety equipment
- Learn to use semi-automated equipment
- Eye-hand coordination including small/large tool dexterity
- Legible handwriting, teamwork, communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting
Night Shift: 12 hour shift, 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM, 2-2-3 schedule (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off)
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr. + 10% shift premium + $4,000 sign on bonus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.