Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Description of Data（Systems）Engineer
APAC Application Technology Marketing & Sales (M&S) team is looking for a Data (Systems) Engineer to be based in Shanghai/Beijing Office China. Data Systems Engineer is a role with a professional data manipulate and management experience who to build and keep our data platform running smoothly. The goal is to provide a standard flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users and data analytical requirements.
This position is responsible for Design and Build up data platform from data ingestion to data lake/warehouse/mart for reporting and analytical requirement from business team.
Furthermore, this person will also be responsible for management of the platform and databases, monitor the performance of the system and database, tune the process/query. Liaise with other team members to improve applications and establish best practices. Research and suggest new platform components and database products, services and process improvement.
- Experience on big data platform build, operation, management and governance or EDW implementation.
- Familiar with cloud-based data platform admin, maintenance/upgrade and optimization related data components, like EMR, Redshift, EC2 and RDS on AWS.
- Familiar with a variety of big data frameworks and tools deployment & production support, like Spark/Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, HUE, Atlas, Ranger.
- Familiar with Database, like Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Experience in common surrounding systems like web servers, ETL (Informatica, SSIS, API)
- Deep experience on industry data solution and program management includes data model, data flow, master data management and meta data management.
- Experience on systems build and maintenance for data modeling, data catalog and data lineage, MDM and BI etc.
- Responsible for data platform physical design, development, performance tuning, implementation, and support of the applications from a database perspective.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring), define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and timely manner.
- Work with stakeholders including the business facing, and business data teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data foundation needs and ability to understand users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
- Work with security to implement data backup and disaster recovery, Data privacy and security requirements to ensure solutions stay compliant to security standards and frameworks.
- Manage database governance, support team to improve database management, database related issue troubleshooting and provide technology solution accordingly and minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Strong passion for technology and innovation and great attention to details.
- Excellent English & Chinese language communication and teamwork skills.
Desired Experience, Certifications:
- Candidate is expected to have proficient knowledge of RDBMS and Strong SQL skills and experience with business analysis and reporting experience.
- Familiar with more than one scripting language (Shell / Scala / Python, etc.) and one or more development languages such as Java / C.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts (Fact, Dimension, Data model, Data Schema etc.).
- Experience with micro services, containerized (Docker, ECS) or serverless (Lambda) is big plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik/Power BI is a plus
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree is required. Engineering, Information Management/Compute Science or related area is preferred.
Preferred base location is Shanghai.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com