Show All Results
Senior Scientist - Analytical Quality Control
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma in Round Rock, TX, is seeking an experienced analytical scientist for its Analytical Quality Control (AQC) operations. The individual will be responsible for testing of raw materials and reference standard solutions primarily by UHPLC and UHPLC/MS techniques (LC/TQ and LC/Q-TOF). Additional testing such as GC, GC/MS, KF, ROI, AAA and/or NMR/qNMR will be assigned as needed and in alignment with experience.
The Scientist will solve problems, optimize processes, develop new processes and methods. Additional responsibilities will include maintenance and qualification of analytical instrumentation, review of data to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with quality requirements and method development and validation. The Scientist will also utilize subject matter expertise to investigate and document out of specification events.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other Life Sciences discipline OR
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other Life Sciences discipline with 4+ years’ experience in a regulated environment (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO) OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other Life Sciences discipline with 5+ years’ experience in a regulated environment (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO)
- Experience in separations science, in an analytical and/or bioanalytical lab by LC and/or LC/MS
- Experience with instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience in an QC analytical lab analyzing raw materials for chemical purity and solution standards a plus
- Technical foundation and excellent organization, documentation, and communications skills
- Mission driven individual with multi-tasking skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and quality-oriented regulated environment, work well under pressure, work as a member of a team, and adapt quickly to changing priorities
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.