Show All Results
Senior Software Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You are a (Senior) Software Engineer, eager to work on solutions that help scientists in laboratories around the world transition to a more digital way of working. In that role, you will join a selected team of highly skilled developers and engineers creating cutting-edge digital products in the laboratory informatics space. The products you will be working on make scientific data more readily accessible for ease of integration, collaboration, analysis, and long-term archiving. Your position includes improving existing systems and components and creating new systems, based on an extensible architecture. You'll be working as part of a highly engaged team in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment using state of the art technologies with the opportunity to learn something new every day.
• University degree in Computer Science or comparable with several year experience working as Software Engineer
• Strong knowledge of Java, Junit, Mockito, Swing, Spring Boot and ideally JavaFX, JNLP, JPA/Hibernate, SQL, REST
• Solid knowledge of .NET and C#, ideally including Interop, COM, COM+, DCOM experience
• Experience with Git, Maven and ideally with Wix , Docker, JIRA, Confluence
• Experience with processing of XML (JAXB, Castor, XPath, …), textual data formats, binary data formats and ideally knowledge of scientific data formats (e.g. AnIML) and communication protocols such as SiLA2 and OPC UA
• (Optional) Experience with DevOps practices and tools for CI/CD such as GitLab CI/CD or Hudson/Jenkins
• (Optional) Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
• Fluent English is required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com