Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist - 3rd Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API’s according to cGMP requirements. The role of Production Scientist, Associate is primarily focused on performing required production operations to support the end users and patients of the compounds produced at MilliporeSigma. These responsibilities include but are not limited to executing existing production procedures, updating ancillary documents, and maintaining the safety and quality of the manufacturing environment.
- 3rd shift 10:00pm – 7:30am Monday through Thursday (36 hours)
Essential job functions:
- Show positive attitude, being respectful of others, and displaying MilliporeSigma values and competencies.
- Becoming a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior.
- Demonstrating proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Functioning as a Primary Operator for a single group of GMP Production areas (i.e. Kilo Labs).
- Perform and author deviation investigation reports of limited impact/scope.
- Utilize and provide minor updates to a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and existing operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor.
- Author and execute document Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Help to identify and immediately correct equipment, process, and safety issues in the lab.
- Function as a tier 1 project lead, as defined by manufacturing management.
- Draft process specific reports and documents using a previously created approved template.
- Mentor new employees by performing supplemental technical and on the job training.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment comprised of multiple facilities.
- Provide departmental support through additional tasks as directed by management.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates as necessary
- Working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Able to utilize proper personal protective equipment which could include but is not limited to:
- Wearing respiratory protection (dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc)
- Wearing full body protection (disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 4+ years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook tools, Electronic Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical documents
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators, and weighing / measuring devices
- Strong mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.