Show All Results
Senior Analytical Chemist
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join the Analytical Technology group for the analysis and characterization of block copolymers for directed self-assembly application for the semiconductor fabrication industry, in Branchburg, NJ
- Explore new metrologies to characterize block copolymers.
- Develop and validate analytical methods for polymer characterization and transfer operating procedures to production QC laboratories.
- Support New Product Development.
- Work closely with R&D, production, quality, and commercial teams to ensure rapid delivery of new products to customers.
- Routine and non-routine sample analysis.
- Assist in data gathering and data analysis for Process Change Notifications.
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting support for product quality issues.
- Hands-on laboratory work
- Work with GPC, MALS, ICPMS and other analytical instruments
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or other related Science or Engineering discipline
- 8+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience in characterization of polymers
- Experience with method development.
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in the use of statistics to develop data reliability information.
- Master’s or PhD in Polymer Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or other related Science or Engineering discipline
- A strong technical understanding of fundamental light scattering and its application for particle size measurement.
- Hands-on experience with polymer characterization using GPC, Light Scattering, MALDI
- Experience with trace elemental analysis techniques
- Experience with SEM, TEM, SAXS.
- Advance Statistical Techniques / Data Mining experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment.
- Highly motivated to work with a global team and succeed, able to learn and adopt new concepts and capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.