Show All Results
Associate Director, Global Evidence & Value Development (GEVD) N&I
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Global Evidence & Value Development (GEVD) is an integral component of the BioPharma Global Research & Development organization that focuses on readiness for value assessment and patient access across the product lifecycle.
With leadership from the GEVD Executive Strategy Lead, the Associate Director, GEVD N&I, will support the development and execution of the global value demonstration strategy. As a member of the GEVD N&I Team, you will bring scientific expertise, good project management and communication skills. Your work is embedded in cross-functional teams, in collaboration with global, regional, and local internal stakeholders such as: Epidemiology, Medical Affairs, Market Access & Pricing and with external vendors, academic researchers, and health care practitioners. You will possess technical proficiency in areas like comparative effectiveness, health economics, outcomes research or real-world evidence methods to appropriate apply them to business challenges. You will lead or advice specific projects with technical and strategic impact and disseminate research through scientific communications to internal and external stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience, or master’s degree in Economics, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Health Services Research, Public Health, or other relevant degree with 2 plus years or PhD with relevant experience.
- Graduate level training in health economics and outcomes research, economics, decision analysis/sciences, health services research, or related quantitative fields.
- First experience in the pharmaceutical industry and clinical development
- Good background with hands-on experience in health economics research, consulting, health insurance, payer authority, payer research institute, or other relevant settings (, e.g. in developing research solutions for a complex regulatory, HTA and payer environment.)
- Competencies in health economic research methodology and modeling
- Powerful conceptual, methodological and analytical skills related to health economics research and modeling
- Comprehensive knowledge of methodologies, as well as the ability to apply such knowledge paired with the ability to manage external vendors as well as internal interfaces to drive and accomplish critical work-streams of the Evidence Generation Strategy
- Ability to conceptualize problems and seek for existing or new solutions based on solid scientific judgement and to embrace agility & flexibility by quickly adjusting to new challenges
- Proactive thinking, flexible, and collaborative working style paired with communicating confidently and constructive in teams across functions, hierarchies, cultural boundaries and geographies
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.