Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At Millipore Sigma the Process Engineer will work in a dynamic environment supporting the manufacture and testing of high purity filters with a focus on quality, process control/improvements, electro-mechanical assembly and material handling. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with high energy and strong engineering skills.
- Design and upgrade electromechanical equipment to improve reliability and yield.
- Maintain efficiency and upkeep / upgrade of critical manufacturing equipment.
- Identify and improve yield loss and scrap opportunities.
- Develop and recommend new processes and technologies which demonstrate levels of statistical control to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Establish operating equipment specifications and improve manufacturing techniques.
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigate and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develop and/or implement systems improvement projects and supports maintenance and production groups in resolving technical and engineering issues.
- Provide process on assigned Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Review capital equipment fabrication activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
- Develop cost estimates, obtains quotes, and generates capital requests to support new processes and capital equipment purchase.
- Lead and participate in Equipment and Process Validations activities per Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations for Medical Device manufacturing.
- Ensure that product quality features meet product specifications and comply with process validation requirements.
- Generate, review and approve engineering, manufacturing and quality procedures necessary to support equipment validation/revalidation, launch, and normal production schedules.
- Facilitate training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
- Initiate, review/approve change requests, and develops implementation solutions to support operational needs.
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- 1+ year of experience in an FDA regulated medical device manufacturing facility, pharmaceutical facility or similar regulated industry supporting automated or manual assembly processes.
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Instrumentation and PLC / code knowledge / experience
- Automation and electromechanical knowledge / experience
- Lean 6 Sigma knowledge / experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.