Show All Results
Custom Project Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Custom Project Specialist will be responsible for learning the custom quoting procedures as well as manufacturing operations pertaining to custom projects. This person will be required to manage the analytical service agreement with a key customer account, including, identify required analytical tests, develop quote form and manage testing and coordinate site to site billing upon completion of project. They will also be responsible for maintaining daily activities for key customer accounts with inventory management agreements, including maintain expiry dates and product documentation and determine inventory levels and coordinating replenishment of inventory.
The operations department is a critical element of MilliporeSigma’s manufacturing system. Team members have the opportunity to contribute to the procedures and processes and recommend improvements.
MilliporeSigma is a high growth, high volume, professional organization focused on providing high certified reference standards and services that provide value to our customers in our chosen markets. Our culture is strongly focused on the science and the quality with an understanding that we must provide a value proposition to our customers. Our culture is fast paced, demanding, and rewarding. Each team member is expected to contribute to the overall goals of the organization and to facilitate continual improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring custom projects are completed on schedule
- Ensure accuracy of customer owned inventory
- Participate in documenting processes and identifying areas for improvement focusing on quality, efficiency, & safety
- Maintain a safe work environment, following all company Health & Safety policies
- Perform all tasks in accordance with MilliporeSigma policies, procedures, regulatory requirements as applicable and demonstrate capabilities through current training records
- Proactively support activities of other areas and groups within the business
- Cross train on the other tasks in the department to provide full service support to the other teams
- Will need to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks with composure
- Communicate with colleagues and customer effectively; both verbally and in writing.
- Discuss work related items in a professional manner that will allow for a successful outcome
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or life science discipline
- 3+ years’ experience and proficiency with personal computer software in a business environment (Microsoft Office preferred)
- 2+ years of direct customer management, coordinating pricing, shipping and inventory with external customers OR project coordination/management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
- Strong multi-tasking and self-motivated skills
- Strong attention to detail skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.