Show All Results
Associate Director, Oncology Policy
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Associate Director, Oncology, Innovative Medicines Franchise Policy
The Associate Director is responsible for leading and executing projects in support of Oncology Global Business Franchise objectives. To monitor, understand, analyze, proactively anticipate and report on significant legislative and regulatory policy developments, with a focus on oncology related topics that impact China in the short, mid and long term. He/she is responsible for developing clear public policy positions for EMD Serono, articulating both policy risks and opportunities for the business, with a focus on franchise-related topics. He/she will provide consistent communication of these public policy positions across the organization as well as with all relevant external stakeholders. The Associate Director will contribute to development of best practices across key regions, coordination of regional and global policy communications, and proactively execute projects cross-functionally to meet strategic objectives.
INTERNAL INTERFACES WITHIN EMD SERONO:
- Head, Global Innovative Medicines Franchise Policy,
- US, EU, and China Healthcare Government & Public Affairs Team Members,
- Global Policy and External Affairs Team Members
- Corporate Affairs Leadership and Team Members,
- Oncology Global Business Franchise Leadership and team members,
- Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Legal & Communications colleagues
- Market Access and Pricing (MAP) staff within regions/countries and globally
- Healthcare GPA Leadership Team
- Product Specific Commercial Team Members
- Governmental bodies and individuals
- Quasi-governmental policy setting organizations
- Industry trade associations
- Business advocacy organizations
- Policy organizations and think tanks
- Political organizations
- Government affairs and public policy consultants
- Biopharmaceutical industry thought leaders
- Key patient advocacy groups
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with global, regional, and country colleagues to evaluate how healthcare policy trends and policy changes could impact business. Develop and execute collaborative projects to meet business objectives.
- Monitor, analyze, and report the potential impact of biopharmaceutical industry policy proposals, including different coverage and reimbursement policies, related regulations and publications, payment models, draft/final legislation, trade agreement proposals, etc.
- Provide counsel to leadership on risks and opportunities in the policy environment; proactively identify ways to shape the environment favorably for patient access to innovative specialty medicines, particularly with benefit to the oncology franchise.
- Execute special projects related to healthcare for the Head of Global Innovative Medicines Franchise Policy, as needed.
- Lead and support cross-functional collaboration to perform quantitative and qualitative impact assessment of draft and proposed policies.
- Develop written materials including slides, summaries, memos, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to biopharmaceutical industry trade associations, in conjunction with regional teams, on issues of importance to the oncology franchise. Represent the company as a policy advocate and thought leader in various external contexts. Develop and strengthen relationships in the health policy/regulatory, patient advocacy, and oncology community
Who you are:
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
- An undergraduate degree is required
- An advanced degree such as a Masters in Public Health, Public Policy, JD, Public Administration or a related field is preferred
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4 to 9 years’ experience in public policy, health policy, health economics, or related fields; pharmaceutical industry and global experience preferred
- Experience with CDE and CFDA
- Understanding of pharmaceutical policy issues and reimbursement systems in China
- Familiarity with clinical, business, and stakeholder dynamics at trade associations, university research, patient groups and the broader community
- Experience in development of diverse coalitions to achieve healthcare policy objectives
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal communications skills, particularly in interpreting and summarizing complex information
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple work streams
- Key attributes include personal integrity, confidence, ability to adapt to a fast-paces environment, accountability, optimism, creativity, commitment to a strong team culture.
- Strong understanding of and experience with government policymaking processes
- Ability to develop new and creative ideas
- An exemplary performance record
- Proven to be a self-starter and results oriented
- Normal and routine office duties
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel
Functional Area: Regulatory & Medical Affairs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com