Show All Results
Research Associate, In Vivo PK
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The New Chemical Entities Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (NCE DMPK) department at EMD Serono Research and Development Institute in Billerica, MA is hiring a Research Associate for performing in vivo pharmacokinetics studies in preclinical species.
The NCE DMPK department is responsible for the overall non-clinical drug disposition contribution to small molecule projects, from concept generation up to Development, to fulfill internal and regulatory requirements with emphasis on absorption, distribution, and metabolism in order to support an integrated evaluation of activity, toxicity and value of our compounds.
The Research Associate is a laboratory-based role within Discovery DMPK. You will contribute to project progression by performing pharmacokinetics studies with NCEs, primarily in rats and mice.
- Planning and setting up in-life PK studies in rodents
- Dosing and tissue sampling to support PK, PK/PD experiments with NCEs
- Providing support and/or technical assistance to research staff with procedures including restraint, medication, dosing, specimen collection and euthanasia of animals as needed
- Contributing to the design and implementation of in vivo experiments
- Providing training on technical skills for junior level associates as well as new members of the vivarium and scientific staff, as needed
- Maintaining all associated records for studies including an electronic lab notebook
- Maintaining relevant laboratory equipment for optimal productivity, monitoring inventory and purchasing supplies
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Pharmacology or related Science discipline or an Associate’s degree in Laboratory Animal Science/Technology or related Science discipline with 2+ years of experience in animal handling and dosing
- Proficiency in basic rodent techniques: PO, IP, SQ, IM, IV injections; blood collection via tail and/or submandibular vein, cardiac puncture; euthanasia, etc.
- Experience with collecting tissues from PK studies and preparing samples for analysis
- Experience in handling cannulated animals
- Experience conducting PK, PK/PD and in vivo efficacy experiments
- Rodent colony management experience, including an understanding of animal health checks, record keeping, etc.
- Experience maintaining documents for compliance and good record-keeping skills
- Ability to work independently and to interact well with co-workers conducting in vivo experiments
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.