Show All Results
Molecular Development Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
You support activities related to process development, improvements, and troubleshooting of our manufacturing processes. Independently, with minimal guidance, you design and conduct molecular biology assays to be used as quality control methods, quality assurance validations, or to address manufacturing and customers’ issues. You lead and manage projects through the full project cycle (define specifications, design test plan, execute testing, define process, write manufacturing documents, manage change process including training and validation). You are the liaison between our manufacturing processes and customers’ applications. As such, you provide technical expertise to address product quality issues including non-conformances, complaints resolution, root cause analysis, and risk assessments. You support other Teams as needed, including EHS, QC, and Marketing/Sales. In addition, you effectively communicate with site leadership, colleagues, technical experts, and manufacturing technicians to achieve successful project outcomes. You keep abreast of new development in the field through scientific literature review, attending meetings, or training when applicable. You adhere to our company EHS and Quality policies/programs and demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently to sit and talk or hear. The employee will stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology, Analytical or Organic Chemistry or another life science discipline
- 8+ years of experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR/RT-qPCR, and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 5+ years of experience independently designing and executing molecular biology assays
- 1+ years of experience with synthesis techniques and/or purification techniques such as reverse phase cartridge and/or HPLC
- Advanced degree: M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
- Good laboratory practices and works safely
- Self-driven requires minimal guidance to meet goals/timeline and can adapt easily to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of validation process, project management tools, and ISO standards
- Experience training people with a different scientific background
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.