Show All Results
Sr. Associate Quality Control Chemist- Lab Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment
- May be required to lift more poundage with assistance
- Ability to speak, hear and smell
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related life science discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in a chemical production, laboratory or chemical engineering position
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in a lab environment
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry lab research
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Established experience in chromatography and NMR analysis (preparation, data collection, data processing, troubleshooting)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.