Show All Results
Sr. AutoCAD Designer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Sr. AutoCAD Designer will work with an interdisciplinary team of chemical and mechanical engineers, project managers, chemists, maintenance technicians as well as external AE and construction firms. Position is in support of capital project work in a chemical production environment. Responsibilities will include: creating and updating P&IDs, PFDs, piping, electrical and facility drawings; implementing and owning a drawing management system such as Autodesk Vault; creating and maintaining drawing files, standards, symbols and standard installation diagrams; managing vendor drawings; supporting project bid documents; and managing record drawings for compliance.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of AutoCAD experience in a production plant environment, with an AE (architectural / engineering) or construction firm with production project experience.
- Some 3D and Revit experience.
- Understanding of plant processing facilities, equipment and utilities.
- Ability to create and meet deadlines and work independently.
- Chemical, food, pharmaceutical plant environment experience, either directly or through engineering consulting.
- Aptitude for checking drawings against field installation and verifying as-built conditions.
- Measuring and laying out piping plans and isometrics.
- Proven track record of working in team environment with project deadlines.
- Associate degree and/or relevant formal training and experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with arc flash documentation and software such as SKM or EasyPower.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.