Show All Results
Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will work with our scientists and clinicians in Immuno-Oncology and Immunology, applying computational methods to advance drug discovery from target discovery through clinical strategy design.
You will also collaborate within the Bioinformatics group to develop shared libraries, tools, datasets, documentation, and practices that enhance our scientific capabilities and turn the impossible into the merely difficult.
You will bring a knowledge of techniques, available data, biology, and previous results to multi-disciplinary project teams and will work with them to:
- Design, implement, and apply statistical, network, and machine learning techniques to analyze and integrate large datasets generated from “omics” approaches.
- Interpret analysis results to guide experiment design (wet lab and computational), suggest novel biomarkers and biomarker strategies, and to inform clinical trial planning.
- Explore immune biology through single-cell datasets (scRNASeq, CyTOF, etc), using both existing and novel techniques.
- Characterize model systems for their disease relevance through comparison of molecular profiles.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, master’s degree with 3+ year of experience, or PhD required
- Advance degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience with numerous techniques in computational biology and machine learning techniques
- Expertise in retrieval, management, analysis, visualization, and interpretation of large datasets, especially DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, and single-cell technologies
- Experience with several programming/scripting languages, ideally including R, Python and Bash
- Familiarity with databases of genome annotations, pathways, and published experimental results
- Experience in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology
- Experience with methods/algorithm development for single-cell datasets or network analyses
- Familiarity with software development, version control, collaboration tools, database systems, and implementation of scalable systems for large datasets
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.