Show All Results
Senior R&D Scientist
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials the Senior R&D Scientist will work with a team of curious scientists providing advanced material solutions to the semiconductor industry. We are at the forefront of technology, working with all the leading semiconductor manufacturers to deliver integrated solutions to the most challenging problems.
The scope of this position is advanced research into new materials, customization of each application and intensive customer support. The task involves managing and leading projects and being a key contact person for management and peers alike.
This role may involve both domestic and international travel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related Science or Engineering discipline with 3+ years’ experience in chemical synthesis and physical characterization of polymers or Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related Science or Engineering discipline
- PhD degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Post-doctoral experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to perform block copolymer synthesis and do directed self-assembly (DSA) and lithography
- Understand lithography and directed self-assembly of block copolymers and address issues via material design and litho-processes optimization
- Experience in macromolecular synthesis and hands-on experience with molecular characterization tools
- Previous experience and knowledge of DSA technology and advanced polymerization techniques is highly preferred
- Ability to design new molecules to resolve chemical problems
- Skills to do living/controlled polymerization under inert atmosphere
- Highly motivated to work with a team and succeed, able to learn and adopt new concepts and capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development
- Ability to generate new ideas, make a convincing case and drive to implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills a must
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to manage projects and influence others without direct authority
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.