Show All Results
Head of Genome Engineering Research and Development Group
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has assembled a world-class team developing CRISPR-based genome engineering technologies endeavoring to take researchers beyond the bench, creating new paths to new cures for genetic disease.
The Head of the genome engineering research and development group is a critical team member responsible for fostering a product development environment that creatively leverages an unparalleled range of organizational competencies to ensure continued technology leadership and the achievement of ambitious financial objectives.
• Lead a team of research and development scientists to develop new “best in class“ gene editing technologies that solve real problems in research, translational, and therapeutic environments
• Network across a large, diverse organization to identify synergies and opportunities for collaborative development and drive execution of the product roadmap
• Comprehensive and ongoing awareness of state-of-the-art, up-to-the-minute technical advances in the rapidly evolving field of genome engineering
• Leverage a network of existing relationships with key opinion leaders and industry experts
• Support the development and prosecution of intellectual property
• Provide strong leadership skills with the ability to analyze complex development operations and implement strategies to improve performance
• Manage and coordinate personnel, inventory and capital resources to assist manufacturing of products to meet customer demands and company goals
• Develop, support and contribute to creative licensing strategies
• Represent MilliporeSigma at both scientific and trade conferences
Who you are:
• A creative, effective leader who thinks boldly and imaginatively to breathe life into the next generation of genome engineering technologies and redefine what is thought possible today
• PhD or equivalent with extensive genome engineering, molecular biology, and cell biology training
• In lieu of PhD, BS or MSc + verifiable productive product development experience
• Experience establishing and implementing ISO9001, GLP and cGMP regulatory standards and processes
• 10+ years of experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams in R&D
• 5+ years product development in life sciences industry
• 5 years significant experience managing project portfolios and managing/providing productivity analytics
• 7+ yrs overseeing R&D staff/project groups with a preferred focus on cellular biology, product development and quality assurance
• Extensive experience in recombinant DNA and gene engineering technologies with a focus on biotherapeutic production
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.