Show All Results
Senior Product Development Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a R&D Product Development engineer for the Single Use and Integrated Systems Research and Development group within MilliporeSigma Process Solutions business unit. As a part of the R&D organization, the successful candidate will lead the development of novel products used in the processing and purification of pharmaceutical and biotech product streams. This position will be based at the Bedford, MA campus.
In this dynamic environment, the candidate will lead development teams. The candidate will also act as a contributing member within a technical team to develop and validate single use products and related manufacturing processes, successfully transfer robust product and processes into manufacturing, and support commercial launch.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics, Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline with minimum 9 years of experience.
- Function as the R&D, Technical Leader of multifunctional product Development Teams within the multi-staged process called PDP.
- Expertise in plastics materials and multilayer films, as well as plastics and mechanical assembly methods.
- Specification, purchase, and validation of plastics processing equipment for R&D and Manufacturing uses.
- Experience with Leak and integrity testing of Single Use assemblies.
- Experience with Design Control rules for validation of new products within a regulated industry and writing the protocols and reports.
- Proficiency with CAD software packages/techniques
- Proficiency in engineering, problem solving, experimental design, data analysis, FEMA, DFM
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and the ability to interact effectively with people in all areas of the company including R&D, plant operations, quality, purchasing, and product management.
- Ability to travel 5-20% (international and national)
- Demonstrated hands-on approach in a development lab environment and customer facing experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.