Show All Results
Development Engineer III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Development Engineer for the Filtration R&D Applications Group within MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business unit. As a senior-level researcher, you will lead technology and product development efforts to deliver advanced filtration and solid/liquid separation technologies intended for a wide range of bioprocessing applications. Process technologies include normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, and adsorptive media processes designed for the purification of biopharmaceuticals. The successful researcher will plan and execute projects directed to the identification, assessment, and commercialization of new filtration technologies enabling the cost-effective filtration of biological products. In this position, the researcher will interact with a variety of business functions outside of R&D to develop and refine customer needs and requirements, support alpha/beta prototype field trials, and assist in the development and transfer of commercially viable technologies to manufacturing. In addition, the researcher will possess the creativity, knowledge, and skills to:
- Identify and evaluate promising technical approaches
- Leverage personal and institutional knowledge to achieve project goals and timelines
- Develop materials, devices, and methods that achieve cost and performance objectives
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline AND 5+ years of industrial experience in a related field
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline AND 6+ years of industrial experience in a related field
- Strong fundamental understanding of chemical engineering principles
- Knowledge and experience with using normal flow and tangential flow filters
- Knowledge of Biopharmaceutical filtration products, processes, and applications
- Experience working in a laboratory planning and conducting experiments
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate technical information
- Able to contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Demonstrated timely completion of major tasks and keeping projects on track and within resource allocations
- Ability to clearly communicate innovative product designs, applications, technologies, or concepts to management.
- Experience with planning and conducting research and development projects to supply new capabilities and meet MilliporeSigma's future product needs. Prior experience seeking out feedback and responding appropriately to input from other R&D groups, sales, marketing, and customers.
- Proficiently applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work both within a research team and independently to analyze and interpret data.
- Broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Desire to provide solutions and decision making for technical problems of increased scope and complexity.
- Proficient in experimental design and execution and in basic statistical data analysis are required. Proficient in advanced statistical analysis with regards to DOE and data analysis
- Knowledge of computational fluid dynamics methodology and software (Comsol, Geodict, etc.)
- Software proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required. Proficiencies in Minitab and basic coding (e.g. VBA, Python, Matlab, Labview)
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems with regards to software (e.g. Labview) and hardware (e.g. pressure transducers, load cells)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.