Show All Results
Health & Safety Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This role is the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Department of our facility in Cleveland, Ohio reporting to manager Michael Shuler.
To provide Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety, & Environmental assistance to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries (and illnesses) and emissions to the environment; Conduct EHS and safety-related training to ensure site personnel are competent in performing job safely in compliance with regulations; Prepare EHS compliance related reports and ensure correspondence, both internally and with regulatory bodies.
- Follow all policies and procedures, including proper waste characterization/disposal, LO/TO, CSE, regulatory inspections, etc.
- Some training and monitoring may include shift work (12-hour shifts, night schedules, and/or rotating shifts working during various days of the week)
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment (PPE) to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles.
- Employee must sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear, and smell.
- Vision requirements are close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or another science related discipline
- 1+ years of experience working with Safety compliance standards
- Previous EHS-related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, or pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of experience working with Safety and Environmental compliance standards preferred
- Knowledge of process safety management (PSM) and Life Safety (emergency egress, lighting and alarms) practices
- Understanding of fire detection, suppression methods, and incipient fire suppression techniques
- Follow and assist with development of management system documentation (ISO 9001, 14001, and development of 45001)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.