Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job Title: Scientists III
Job Location: 80 Ashby Road, Bedford, Ma 01730
This position qualifies for EMD Millipore Corporation’s employee referral program.
- Design and execute virology testing and research projects, focused on viral clearance and viral inactivation for biotherapeutic processing operations;
- Work with a wide range of model virus systems, including bacteriophage and mammalian viruses;
- Conduct method development and validation and product improvement projects;
- Work cross-functionally with customers and colleagues in product development, field marketing, biomanufacturing science, applications and service groups;
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly understood and intensively pursue project milestones;
- Effectively communicate technical information throughout the organization;
- Participate in industry and professional organizations and conferences, and interface with regulatory organizations; and
- Maintain awareness of current methodology and instrumentation.
Employer requires a PhD in Biology, Microbiology or Virology or related field;
Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, virology or related field plus 2 years of experience as a scientist working in virology and technology assessment will substitute for a PhD in Biology, Microbiology, virology or related field.
Experience and Skills
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- 2 years of academic or industrial experience with microbiology, bacteriophage, cell culture, and virus quantitation with infectivity assays and molecular methods;
- Proven track record establishing the culture of bacteriophage, propagation methods, and design assay systems;
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific data and analysis to scientific staff and technical experts within the field and in a related field;
- Proven track record of product development, applications development, and validation; and
- Proficiency with statistical analysis software.
All years of work experience may be gained concurrently.
Please send resumes to EMD Millipore Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Attn: Req. # 209519).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.