Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Set-up equipment ensuring operations are consistent with current operating procedures.
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation and with appropriate approval take corrective actions, such as reconfiguring equipment, adjustment of set points or adjusting operating parameters.
- Report equipment failures and work with repair personnel to correct problems.
- Perform routine analytical tests to ensure processes are in control.
- Transport chemicals and equipment to and from processes including use of pumps/piping, fork trucks, pallet jacks or dollies.
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production process.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas after production operations
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of waste and complete compliance documentation.
- Communicate the status of production operations/equipment and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines including Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) if applicable.
- Ensure logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Follow production procedures and safety policies at all time.
- Use, clean, and store all personal protective gear appropriately.
- Label all in-process equipment and containers properly.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in required safety and quality training and other related activities.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory and working areas.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor, Chemist II or Chemist III.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate Degree in Chemistry or life science related discipline OR 2 years of college chemistry
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
- Operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
- Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.