Show All Results
Associate Process Scientist 1 (Clearance Services)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: an exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Associate Process Scientist within our Clearance Services department in Stirling. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of tasks to support Complete Clearance activities and ensure the delivery of regulatory compliant viral clearance studies, under the direction of the Process Scientist and the Study Director. Duties of the role include laboratory housekeeping, preparation of buffers and reagents, laboratory stock control and general equipment cleaning / maintenance. You will support team activities by performing chromatography and filtrations alongside Process Scientists and will have responsibility for the installation of equipment used in the viral clearance studies while maintaining a clean, tidy and safe work environment. You will follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and relevant compliance regulations, to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP / GMP regulatory standards. The ability to develop effective working relationships with all laboratory personnel will be critical for success in the role. This role will appeal to those who are eager to learn a new discipline and progress their career in a fast paced and rapidly expanding team.
Who you are:
- Educated to minimum of HND level in Biological Sciences or related subject (or equivalent work experience)
- Previous experience working within a scientific laboratory role would be preferred.
- Knowledge / experience in protein purification, chromatography and virus filtration techniques would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work within a fast-paced environment, with a strong problem-solving ability
- Must be self-motivated, with high levels of initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish, with a strong focus on quality and safety
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.