Show All Results
Supplier Quality Manager, Patterning
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Supplier Quality Manager, you will be accountable for leading the quality management of critical materials and suppliers to the Semiconductor Materials business. You will interface closely with Quality Assurance/Control, Manufacturing, Product/Market Management, Engineering, Sourcing, and Supply Chain to manage supplier risk and monitor, correct, and prevent supplier performance issues.
You will be responsible for the management of a subset of suppliers that support the Patterning manufacturing plants and their suppliers globally. You will be a key part of the larger Semiconductor Materials Global Supplier Quality Team. As the Patterning Supplier Quality Platform Lead, you will be responsible for leading a small team of Supplier Quality Engineers providing guidance and mentorship to his/her team members. This position is also responsible for providing day to day Supplier Quality Engineering support for a fast-paced manufacturing operation. This includes the evaluation of deviations / out of specification conditions, data trending, and leading quality investigations (root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action plans), perform statistical analysis and trending to assess and monitor product/process performance, provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming product, lead and participate in the creation of risk assessments, training and developing of suppliers as needed. A key part of this position is the ability to work with and lead cross functional teams to collaboratively manage supplier changes, qualifications, CAPA plans, and development projects. This will include the need to create/revise standard operating procedures and other documents. This position will also lead supplier audit teams, technical supplier meetings, and routine SPC/SQC reviews with suppliers domestically and internationally as needed.
The position as Supplier Quality Manager will be based in Shizuoka, Japan or Branchburg, NJ USA.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, other technical disciplines or other related field
- 5+ years of Electronics experience in commercial, manufacturing, quality, or technical roles.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Quality Systems (CAPA, Change Control, Document Management)
- ISO Lead Auditor Trained (such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 140001, ISO/TS 16949)
- Experience in leading quality audits, from opening meetings to final reports.
- Demonstrated ability to create and update standard operating procedures ("SOP").
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Previous experience communicating with suppliers and or customers.
- Experience in quality management systems including root cause analysis, metrology, SPC/SQC, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborative and motivated team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Experience with relevant data analysis software / tools (eq. Minitab or JMP)
- Willingness to travel 30% of your time and periodically work outside of conventional business hours to support a global business.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
- ASQ CQE a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.