Show All Results
Associate Director, US Medical Communications
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Director, US Medical Communications, leads the development of industry-leading, high-impact medical communications and publication strategies and plans for the US, across assigned therapeutic areas (with a primary focus on product launches), ensuring these plans align with and will achieve the goals of the US Medical plans to ultimately advance EMD Serono’s scientific leadership within our therapeutic areas and bring forth competitive advantages for our products. The candidate:
- Impacts a range of important customer, operational, project and service activities within own team and other related teams. Guides and influences peers, middle management or top management regarding technical issues and challenges. Affects the results within the medical function
- Works effectively in a mixed environment and uses best practices and knowledge or interpretation of internal and external business issues to improve Medical communications and to define processes and standards. Solves complex problems based on advanced to sophisticated analytical skills and complex judgement.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & STRATEGIC IMPACT
- Directs the development of the medical communications plan that creates competitive advantage across assigned therapeutic area(s) (TAs).
- Directs innovation within the medical communications realm that meets the needs of our healthcare providers and patients and which differentiates our medical service offerings from others, through high-impact information transfer channels, including through a digital platform.
- Key contributor to the development of the relevant TA Medical Affairs plans; accountable for the execution of medical communications tactics to achieve stated goals.
- Directs a wide-range of medical communications activities, including, but not limited to, the development of medical content for congresses (including medical booths per Medical plan), medical content for advisory boards, Q&A documents for internal and customer-facing use, and the development of medical content to deliver via a digital platform.
- Ensures all US medical communications are accurate, fair, balanced, non-misleading and written with the utmost scientific integrity.
- Directs the development of the medical publications plan to communicate critical new data to the healthcare provider community in a timely and high-impact manner, targeting both established and innovative channels that help to elevate EMD Serono’s scientific leadership across assigned therapeutic areas.
- Key contributor to the development of the relevant TA Medical Affairs plans; accountable for the execution of medical publication tactics to achieve stated goals.
- Directs the development of congress abstracts.
- Ensures all US medical publications are accurate, fair, balanced, non-misleading and written with the utmost scientific integrity. Understands and applies the current status of industry standards and practice and ensures activities are in compliance with GPP, ensuring both internal and external interactions comply with these standards.
- Advanced scientific degree (Ph.D., PharmD, MD) strongly preferred (Masters degree or other scientific or clinical degrees considered) with pharmaceutical industry or medical communications agency experience (required).
- 8-10 years of prior experience working within the pharmaceutical industry or related fields or jobs with a relevant medical/scientific focus.
- 4-7 years of demonstrated managerial skills in matrix reporting structures, including management of medical communications agencies.
- Scientific and/or clinical experience within Neurology (multiple sclerosis) strongly preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.