Show All Results
Assistant - Indirect Tax
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Designation : Assistant – Indirect Tax
Location : Jigani (Bangalore)
Provide support to ensure good financial compliance and governance through preparation of GST payable and receivable statements for uploading into the GST portal and reconciliation of the statements with GL. Quality of work and timely preparation and submission of such tax data is of paramount importance since interest is levied for late submissions from the tax department. Responsibilities will also include assisting various functions with finance and operations team.
- Prepare monthly GST payable and receivable statements and other GST related functions after reconciling the same with general ledger. Ensure an accurate and timely reporting of all monthly compliances along with reconciliation. Such statements should provide analysis and explanation for deviations to the differences in register and general ledger.
- Prepare vendor reconciliation statement by reconciling with GSTR2A report from the GST portal and follow-up with Vendors for timely uploading of their sales so that no Input Tax Credit is lost to the company. Partner with procurement team to get the desired contact details of the Vendors.
- Prepare statements and maintain documentation required for VAT/CST/Service Tax assessments, appeals and GST audits.
- Assist and Support in various projects taken by GST team as well as timely submission of the required documents in electronic or physical form.
- Take lead in documentation of all kinds of notices, orders, audits and acknowledgements received from the tax department and be pro-active in maintaining the finance file room with indexation.
- Should situations arise, must be able to handle special situations like ERP migrations, ERP system changes due to changes in law/business processes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Understand and follow company rules and regulations. Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B. Com & Inter CA with 6 years of experience in a medium to large scale organization in the tax reporting role is preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of GST, VAT, Service Tax and Excise Duty, accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Must be PC proficient; must have strong experience with SAP / ERP Migration, and proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.