Show All Results
Associate Director, I-O Discovery Team Lead
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As Associate Director leading one of our discovery teams within our immuno-oncology research department, you will translate insights from basic and clinical research into cancer immunotherapies. You are a scientific expert in Immuno-Oncology with a deep understanding of the T and NK cell compartment associated with the tumor microenvironment. Based on these skills and your leadership experience, you support and lead cross-functional scientific teams driving drug discovery projects from the concept stage to clinical development.
Driven by your scientific expertise, you also guide efforts aiming to identify/validate novel targets and oversee external academic and industry collaborations. You manage a team of scientists / research associates and create an environment that encourages innovation and high productivity/quality. You are a strong team player and communicate effectively with your colleagues as well as across our global organization. The position is based at the EMD Serono Research and Development Institute in Billerica MA, USA.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, master’s degree with 3+ year of experience, or PhD required
- PhD in Immunology/Immuno-Oncology and 5+ years industrial experience related to drug discovery
- Requires experience in successfully driving drug development projects with focus in immunology, oncology or immuno-oncology. Strong background in immunology preferred with experience in the field of T and NK cell modulation with strong publication record
- Previous experience driving projects to early clinical development with emphasis on early biomarker assay development and strategy is highly desirable. Comfort with dealing with large datasets at transcriptional or proteomic level also highly relevant to position.
- Ability to lead scientists, drive team engagement. as well as providing career development opportunities
- Ability to work within cross-functional team environments and provide input to various core teams to ensure project deliverables
- Oversee publication and regulatory fillings as well as ensure compliance to all electronic records
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.