Show All Results
Principal Scientist Quantitative Pharmacology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Translational Quantitative Pharmacology (TQP) department at EMD Serono is part of the Translational Medicine (TxM) group and is responsible for supporting all projects from the concept stage to clinical Proof of Concept (cPOC) with mechanistic modeling and simulation analysis.
- To be able to independently develop quantitative mechanism-based PK/PD models that will inform compound progression decisions from lead optimization to clinical proof of concept and beyond for the immuno-oncology, immunology and oncology pipelines, both for large and small pharmaceuticals.
- To be able to interact with various project team members in a clear and timely manner, understanding the functions of other team members and being able to explain and educate modeling efforts and results to team members from various backgrounds
- The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team with frequent interactions, both within the team and associated functions, and is responsible for the development and implementation of innovative modeling and simulation platforms/strategy that ensure that the right drug is administered to the right patient at the right dose/regimen.
- The selected candidate will have responsibilities for performing human PK predictions and quantitative DDI predictions, the design and analysis of pre-clinical PK/PD data to support lead optimization and prioritization, and translational PK/PD to support FIM dose setting for both small/large molecules and ADCs.
- The selected candidate will work in close partnership with Pharmacology, Safety, Clinical Sciences, and Regulatory. As a member of project teams and sub-teams, the candidate will represent QP and present analysis outcomes to cross-functional teams, at department meetings, project review committees, and conferences.
- The candidate will contribute to the preparation and presentation of both internal and external documentation (e.g. Investigator’s Brochure, IND, CTD) and product strategy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, master’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline
- A PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline with a proven track record of applying modeling and simulation approaches to biological problems
- A minimum of 3 years in industry and/or academia in relevant background
- Openness to fresh ideas and new perspectives to be gathered from working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all phases of the drug discovery and development process
- A desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results in a timely manner
- Publications in conference proceedings and peer-reviewed journals are encouraged
- In-depth hands-on experience with modeling software (such as; MatLab, R, Phoenix/WinNonlin, NONMEM, Monolix etc)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate and summarize outcomes of modeling and simulation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.