Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist - Production
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Associate Scientist position, located in St. Louis, MO, is a production role that supports our Bio-Organics product line. A Sr. Associate Production Scientist provides technical guidance to associate production scientists and operators and is responsible for working with the manufacturing scientists to ensure successful manufacturing of an established line of products. In this role, you’ll be interacting cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Packaging, Materials Management, Engineering and Maintenance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related life science discipline with 2+ years of laboratory experience OR Masters degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related life science discipline with 1+ year of research laboratory experience
- Hands on experience in organic synthesis and purification in an academic or manufacturing environment.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge in chemistry, biology and biochemistry
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs for manufacturing and operating procedure writing, technical report generation, product tracking and trending data analysis.
- Identify potential safety and quality risk within our manufacturing operations.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Drive and initiative to grow into a strong leader within manufacturing operations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.