Show All Results
of Automation & Robotic Technician
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The role of Automation and Robotics Technician in the Automation Delivery Department reporting to the Automation Delivery Manager. This position will focus new automated production equipment and projects. This position will also provide technical support for the engineering department with the execution of change controls, FAT/SAT OQ/IQ protocols and other related actions. This position will also provide guidance and support to more junior level technical personnel. Travel to external vendors or other MilliporeSigma sites may be required.
- Technical support of new production equipment and lines both mechanically and electrically
- Drive risk-based decision making
- Install and maintain PLC’s, Servo motors and drives, HMI’s, robotic assembly equipment etc.
- Carry out and/or finish design of experiments
- Evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Perform high level trouble shooting pertaining but not limited to: PLC, AC drives, DC drives, pneumatics, servomotors and Robotics
- Technical lead of complex interdepartmental tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 10 years working experience with PLC’s and various control systems within a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational tech training or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and expertise:
- Solid Electro-Mechanical knowledge along with experience applying this knowledge to process/equipment design and troubleshooting
- Proven mechanical, machine tool, and equipment repair skills
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft products, basic CAD drawing.
- Understand safe work practices and has experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety, etc.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience is a plusRRSRSRM
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.