Show All Results
R&D formulation Scientist (Bioprinting)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The R&D Formulation Scientist (Bioprinting) will be responsible for the development of innovative bioinks and related products for 3D Bioprinting. The Scientist will gain an understanding of customer needs as to develop new product portfolios to meet those needs. The Scientist will leverage scientific knowhow to strategically identify 3D Biofabrication technologies that drive competitive edge as well as develop bioink formulations including optimization and characterization of their physicochemical, mechanical and biological properties.
He/she will work closely with 3D Printing Material Synthesis R&D team, Product Management team, QC team and external collaborators to develop formulation process, product characterization, scale-up, technology transfer, user protocol and application data generation. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining accurate and complete lab data notebooks, analyze and interpret data, record and report results in accordance with lab procedures and systems.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years of formulation experience in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering with a record of patents and publications
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field.
- Demonstrated 2+ years of hands on research experience in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering with record of patents and publications.
- Extensive experience with biomaterials characterization techniques including mechanical, physicochemical and structural characterization as well as biological characterization techniques of in vitro 3D tissue models including biochemical and IHC assays and microscopy.
- Proficiency in optimization of bioink formulations for 3D Bioprinting and familiarity with using multiple 3D bioprinter platforms, including extrusion, is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with 3D cell culture and knowledge of hydrogel crosslinking chemistries is most preferred
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write technical reports, summarize data and make effective presentations.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, team player and able to work with cross-functional teams.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.