Show All Results
Office Based Digital Sales Account Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Research Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy for academic, government, hospital divisions. An Account Manager in Research Solutions is responsible for selling the Life science portfolio leveraging all communication channels including phone, email, social, video and face-to-face as warranted. The Account Manager is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies to defend and develop existing account sales, customer segment and/or industry knowledge, cross-functional collaboration and value-creation.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Efficiently manage territory through account planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value and promote customer improvement
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with customers both external and internal
- Schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: Contracts, Pricing Agreements, Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel as necessary for meetings, training and customer visits if applicable
- Ability to sit for extended times (approximately 8 hours) at a desk using a computer.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or in business with 3+ years of sales experience.
- 1+ years of demonstrated ability with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Digitally savvy and social
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and/or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills
- Good time management skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.