Show All Results
Quality Control Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Understands and works within a broad range of guidelines, standard operating procedures and/ or technical methods that involve a variety of routine work procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
- Perform analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods adhering to GLPs, GMPs, and EHS requirements
- Performs laboratory activities in a timely manner to meet manufacturing and product delivery deadlines
- Interpret analytical data relative to specifications, process controls, and other analytical references
- Perform investigations on aberrant data and initiate out of specification reports
- Maintain and control quality records in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conducts laboratory support functions. Maintains supply levels to ensure availability
- Perform simple laboratory instrument upkeep including the cleaning, calibration, and the preventive maintenance of the instrument
- Perform high-level instrument troubleshooting activities.
- Participate in audit readiness.
- Role will rotate on a 12-hour shift cycle every 2 weeks on either a day or night shift assignment
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or another life science discipline, OR Associate degree AND 2+ years’ work experience in biology, chemistry or another life science disciplines
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, analytical microbiology, analytical biology, environmental monitoring, and plant hygiene processes and procedures.
- 1+ years of experience working in a cGMP Quality Control Laboratory
- 1 + years of experience working with laboratory equipment such as (HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, TOC, AA, and KF)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.