Show All Results
eBusiness Data Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A career-level professional who is self-motivated, intellectually curious, and highly skilled in developing data pipelining solutions and architecting cloud data.
- Design, deploy and manage ETL pipelines and data architectures.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement architecture and create a vision for how data will flow through the organization.
- Design, build, and maintain integrated data solutions such as “data lakes” and “data warehouses”.
- Produce and enforce database development standards.
- Collaborate with analytics and data science teams to design and plan data engineering solutions.
- Develop and implement strategies and best practices to ensure appropriate access control and security of stored data.
- Develop, validate, scale and deliver analytical solutions aimed at maintaining data quality.
- Leverage system and process analysis skills to produce data strategies that create a seamless and uninterrupted experience for our data products and reports.
- Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility, constantly monitoring and optimizing the performance of data management systems.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), Relational Database Management Systems and Cloud Databases
- 4+ years of experience with ETL Tools: Talend, Pentaho, DataFlow, ...
- 4+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Master’s Degree
- Data Engineering Certification (Google’s Certified Professional-Data-Engineer, IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data, or CCP Data Engineer for Cloudera)
- Digital Analytics tools such as Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Optimizely
- Reporting and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Google Data Studio
- Statistical Programming Packages such as R, S, SAS, SPSS
- Ability conduct complex, important work independently
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.